Mid-Cycle 2023.5 students and families:
We have had some questions regarding opportunities for families of mid-cycle 23.5 students to gather. It is really up to the family and their student to determine what makes the most sense for you, but we lay out the options here.
- In June 2023, Seniors who are mid-cycle 23.5 will be invited to process in cap and gown as a group, they will sit as a group, and they will be recognized from the stage as a group during the Commencement Ceremony.
- In December 2023, there will be a Winter Celebration ceremony and reception (on a date yet to be determined) for any of the 23.5 mid-cycle seniors and their guests who would like to gather to celebrate nearing the end of their time at Williams. This will be an informal ceremony that is totally optional for students and families, but one that we hope will be fun for all.
- Mid-cycle 23.5 seniors who fulfill their degree requirements by the end of either the fall 2023 semester or Winter Study 2024 term will be invited to cross the stage to receive their diplomas in June of 2024. If they choose not to attend, their diplomas will be mailed to them.
Mid-Cycle 2022.5 Seniors:
We are pleased to invite you and your guests to a celebration of your time at Williams at 10 am on Sunday, December 11, 2022. This gathering will begin with a brief ceremony on the MainStage that will include remarks from President Mandel and Dean Long and others (see below). The ceremony will not involve cap and gown, but you will be called across the stage. The ceremony will be followed by a brunch reception for you and your guests in the MainStage Lobby.
Note: Visitors are expected to be fully vaccinated. Masks will be required when not eating.
Please fill out this form by October 14, so we can get a sense of your plans for attendance, your likely guest count, and your thoughts about speakers and performers. We will not be contacting your families directly, so please check with them before submitting the form. (We’ll ask for a final headcount in late November.)
We look forward to seeing you on December 11. If you have any questions about this event, please direct them to the College Marshal’s Office. If you have questions about travel/lodging support, please contact Dean Rachel Bukanc.
We remind you again that you will also be welcome to participate in the June 2023 Commencement ceremony.
Lee Park (she/hers)
Friday, Sept 30, 2022
Class of 22.5:
We are pleased to invite you and your guests to a Winter Celebration Ceremony on Sunday, December 11, 2022, at the ’62 Center for Theatre & Dance. This celebration is for students who expect to fulfill their degree requirements at the end of fall 2022 term or Winter Study 2023. We will send a formal invitation closer to the date.
Your official graduation will take place on Sunday, June 4, 2023. You will be invited to cross the stage and receive your degree at that time. You are welcome to participate in all the Commencement Weekend 2023 activities. In addition, you’ll be able to participate in all the Senior Week activities in 2023 (with the exception of Mount Hope, if you attended in 2022.)
- Ivy Exercises on Saturday June 3, 2023
- Baccalaureate on Saturday June 3, 2023
- Commencement on Sunday June 4, 2023
Class of 23.5
You are invited to attend all senior week activities in spring, 2023.
Over Commencement weekend 2023 you can participate in:
- Ivy Exercises on Saturday June 3, 2023. (Note: any awards you receive will be conferred at Ivy Exercises when you graduate in 2024.)
- Baccalaureate on Saturday June 3, 2023
- Commencement on Sunday June 4, 2023: members of the Class of 23.5 who would like to join the Commencement 2023 ceremony may do so as a group. You will line up (in cap and gown) at the Frosh Quad (no need to be in alphabetical order) behind the senior class and you will be seated in the Commencement venue behind the senior class. During the ceremony, the president will ask you to stand up as a group to be recognized and acknowledged.
During the 2023-24 academic year, we will invite you and your guests to a Winter Celebration Ceremony, date TBD. This celebration is for students who expect to fulfill their degree requirements at the end of fall 2023 term or Winter Study 2024. We will send a formal invitation closer to the date.
Your official graduation will take place in June, 2024. You will be able to participate in all senior week 2024 activities (with the exception of Mt Hope, if you attended in 2023) and Commencement weekend activities.